Sunday, September 15, 2013

Children's Corner: No, David!

 This was my kindergarten aged daughter's first book home from the school library.  It's probably not something we would have picked together at the public library, but that's a good thing.  She's exerting her independence everywhere else, I'm glad to see it in the library too.

David is "not a good listener", as my daughter tells it, and he gets into mischief galore. In it's brevity, there is still a lesson to be learned, even when Mommy is mad, or "frustrated" as Kidlet would say, Mommy still loves you.  The text is minimal and my daughter can breeze through reading it, which makes her feel like a successful reader -and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

  Share/Bookmark Google+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect. I think Gage gets into a lot of mischief at school so I need to check this out for him!