Sunday, June 2, 2013

Children's Corner: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

 Yes, I know.  We just featured Mo Willems last week, but he's super popular in both my and Julie's houses!  My daughter's favorite read this week is Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, which she loves reading to us.  Yes, she pretty much has it memorized at this point, but it's the experience of reading she's enjoying, and that's important too.  Learning to read is hard and if it is always a struggle, when do they learn to enjoy it?  So we've been enjoying Kidlet's reading experience with her this week.

What I particularly love about this book, is that the audience is included in the story.  I think that's what Kidlet likes too.  At the beginning the bus driver asks the reader to watch the bus and whatever you do, don't let the pigeon drive the bus.  There are no end to the giggles in our house as the pigeon gets more and more frustrated and finally frantic about the reader not allowing the pigeon to drive.  I think this will be an all time favorite read in our house for child and parents alike.

In my constant search for more Mo Willems  also discovered that there are a whole raft of products associated with him that totally distracted me from writing this post:  T-shirts, stuffed toys, online games  ( --I swear he doesn't pay us to promote him!  LOL)  But I'm going to be doing some serious investigating of his site!



  Share/BookmarkGoogle+

No comments: