Sunday, April 7, 2013

Children's Corner: Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

Review:  Frankly, you can never go wrong with a Mo Willems book. Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs is my daughter's recent find at her school library. I admit it, I was so excited when she brought this home. Of course we read it together the first night and I'm pretty sure she's read it every other night since.

I love that Mr. Willems has taken a well told tale and put a new spin on it. It is wacky and hilarious, just what I've come to expect from him. Goldilocks will look a bit familiar to those of you who have read his Knuffle Bunny series.

My daughter and I laugh throughout the book, albeit at different places and more than likely for different reasons but we still laugh. I love that he gives a separate moral for Goldilocks and then one for the dinosaur family. I think some of his wit might be lost on younger kids but my daughter seems to be catching onto most of it.

This one will probably be making its self at home on our bookshelf fairly soon. I can't resist a Mo Willems book.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: