Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Julie's 2012 Books in Review


I admit it, I wasn't going to do one of these lists because 2012 was a truly wonderful year of reading for me and I'm going to find it hard to pick my favorites.

My Goodreads Challenge:  70 Books
Books Read:  88!!!

2012 was a year where I had more than a handful of 5/5 books! So, I think I'm going to break it down by category for my favorites (top 5 in each if applicable).

Here goes nothing:

Contemporary Fiction:

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
The Scent of Lightning and Rain by Nancy Pickard
Home Front by Kristin Hannah
Brand New Human Being by Emily Jean Miller
The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Historical Fiction:

A Good American by Alex George
The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck
Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay

Mystery/Crime/Thriller:

The Absent One by Jussi Adler-Olsen
Ransom River by Meg Gardiner
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Lost Hours by Karen White
Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton

Women's Fiction/Chick Lit:

The Underside of Joy by Sere Halverson Prince
These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen
The Song Remains the Same by Allison Winn Scotch
Honey on Your Mind by Maria Murnane
I've Got Your Number by Sophia Kinsella

Others Categories:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Fantasy)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Classic)
Overseas by Beatriz Williams (Romance)
Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster (Memoir)

I am hoping that 2013 is as wonderful of a reading year as 2012!

Happy Reading!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I love so many on your list. These Girls, A Good American, to name a few. Happy reading in 2013

Anonymous said...

Great reading year! I just read Gone Girl. Lived up the the hype!