Jen's Book Thoughts so I've signed up for this year's Criminal Plots Challenge.
Here are the 2013 guidelines:
You'll be reading six books between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013. One book (or in one case two short stories) should be read that fits into each of the following categories:
1. Novel with an animal in the title
Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross #1) by James Patterson which has been in my TBR pile for a while. -- Reviewed 1/30/13
2. Two short stories written by two different authors who are new to you - this will be a challenge for me because I don't read short stories. I'm open to suggestions (PLEASE!)
3. Book written by more than one person. The 9th Judgment (Women's Murder Club #9) by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
A YA crime novel. Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society #2) by Ally Carter-- Reviewed 5/27/13
5. A book from a series optioned for televsion. This is an easy one for me. I've been reading Kathy Reichs for years and have her latest on my TBR pile along with the first Rizzoli and Isles book (I've read a few out of order and want to start at the beginning). That means it will either be Bones Are Forever (Temperance Brennan, #15) by Kathy Reichs or The Surgeon (R&I #1) by Tess Gerritsen.
6. A novel that's been nominated for an Edgar® in the last five years. (Edgar® database) Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad #3) by Tana French -which means I have to get book 2, The Likeness , read also.
This year's challenge will definitely be a little harder than last year's, but I look forward to it.
By the way, you can still sign up for Jen's 2013 Criminal Plots Challenge. Anyone want to join me?