Sunday, November 18, 2012

Children's Corner: Good Little Wolf

 This book is definitely not what I was expecting... and we love it!  Rolf is a good little wolf and comfortable with who he is.  But one day he runs into the Big Bad Wolf who mocks his lack of wolfishness.  Although he tries, he finds he just doesn't have what it takes to be a 'real wolf' ...until he has to be.

This is a wonderful, silly, macabre story that had me in stitches the first time I read it.  There are some fabulous life lessons hidden in here too.  ( I was reminded of my second grade teacher who told my mum I was "too polite." While my mum was slightly offended, as a mother myself, I now can see what the teacher was trying to say...)

This is Ms. Shireen's first picture book, and we will be searching the shelves for her name in the future.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: