Sunday, February 19, 2012

Children's Corner: Love You Forever

Review: I know this book is hugely popular but I won't ever read it again.  I read it once to my kids at the same time and was bawling by the end of the book. I could barely make it through the ending. They didn't quite understand what was making mommy so sad.

Love You Forever is one of many books by popular children's author Robert Munsch. We have read many of his books in our house and have enjoyed them.

In fact one week she brought home 5 of his books for us to explore. While Love You Forever starts out sweet, gets a  bit creepy and then gets downright sad, it is an important message for kids explaining that no matter what mommy will love you. Whether you are getting in trouble, getting bigger or when you have your own family, mommy never leaves you.

For a week after reading this I couldn't explain the book to someone without welling up in tears. That is the reason I won't read it again, I would never be able to read it to the end.

Have you read it? Did you have the same reaction? So, if you haven't read it, you have been warned about what your reaction could be at the end.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Tho the book made me cry, I believe it expresses the extreme love a Mother has for her child and the hope that the love you have shown your child over the years has a compassionate result in the love they return to their Mother (or Father!) til the very end. Isn't that what we all hope for?
I like books that tug at your heart strings!