Novel with a weapon in the title: A Hoe Lot of Trouble by Heather Webber -ok, the hoe is stretching it a bit, but it can be used as a weapon!- Reviewed 7/23/12 Book published at least 10 years ago: The Black Echo by Michael Connelly was already on my TBR list because Julie loves his books so. - Reviewed 4/11/12 Book written by an author from the state/province/etc. where you live: Murder On The Mind by L.L. Bartlett. Not only does the author live in Western New York, but this series is set in my hometown of Buffalo, NY. (Many thanks to The Cozy Chicks for bringing this series to my attention!)- Reviewed 1/31/12 Book written by an author using a pen name - Heat Rises by Richard Castle. I would not dare to suggest Richard Castle isn't a real author, but as any fan of the show will tell you, that is not his given name. -Reviewed 9/18/12
- Crime novel whose protagonist is the opposite gender of the author - The 8th Confession by James Patterson. I'm behind on my Women's Murder Club books, and this will give me that little push I need to catch up.
- A stand-alone novel written by an author who writes at least one series - o
kay I haven't made up my mind here. It will either be Kathy Reichs' I'd Kill For That (written under a pen name) or one of Tess Gerritsen's medical thrillers (either The Bone Garden or Bloodstream) ...I've got some time to decide on that, I think.EDITED 7/12: Meg Gardiner's Ransom River
Rules of the Road:
- You can read the books in any format you choose: print, audio, e-book, etc.
- You can read books from any sub-genre of crime fiction: hardboiled, P.I., police procedural, cozy, thriller, etc.
- You do not need to have a blog to participate.
- You can use the books for other challenges but one book cannot count for more than one category in THIS challenge.
- Books do not need to be pre-determined. You can choose them at any time throughout the year. And you can read them in whatever order you choose.
- At the conclusion, each participant that completes the challenge will be entered for a chance at one of three prize packs.
I think I can do that.