Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: National Novel Writing Month


I'm a reader not a writer, although sometimes I think I'd like to write a novel but I'm not sure I have one original idea.

So, in honor of those who do want to write, November is National Novel Writing Month. Apparently you are supposed to write 50,000 words in 30 days. That seems like a lot to me, but what the heck do I know!

So to all you budding novelist out there, maybe National Novel Writing Month will give you the challenge you need to write your book.

Our own Alice is participating this year! I know I can't wait to read what she pulls together! So I wouldn't be expecting any reviews from her this month. :)

Click here for the website.

Are any of you going to participate? Will it be your first attempt at writing a novel?


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anna said...

I am going to try my best to do it this year. I am not going to look at the word counts and instead am just saying, "Hey, if I can write SOMETHING once a day, then that's a start." We'll see where it takes me :) Good luck to Alice!