Monday, August 23, 2010

An Author Event

As you guys have read here on GJR, I loved the book The Tale of Halcyon Crane. In fact, it's one of my three 5/5's for 2010 so far. You can check out my review here.

I was excited when the author, Wendy Webb, told me she was going to do a reading in Chicago. Sure, I don't live in the city, I am a burbs girl but I decided it was worth my drive to go down there. I'm so happy I did. Not only did I get to meet Wendy, who is just as awesome as I imagined but there were two other Great Lakes Authors: Susanna Daniel (Stiltsville)and Kelly O'Connor McNees (The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott).

All three author's read from their books and at the end they all took questions from the audience. Afterward, they all stuck around for more questions, book signings and pictures. I was lucky enough to get to talk to 2 of the three authors and Wendy signed my book! YAY!!

I'm sure other book bloggers will agree meeting authors is a bit like meeting rock stars. I know that I am in awe of them.

I also met the owner of The Book Cellar, Suzy and she was fantastic. She's extremely hospitable and even let me take pictures of the store to showcase here.

I encourage you, as readers, to check out local bookstores not only to support them but to meet authors and hear them read their craft.

Here are the pictures that I took that night. Enjoy!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have been wanting to visit The Book Cellar for a long time. My boyfriend works just down the street from there and he says it's a great store. I think after reading about your great visit, I need to finally get around and make a trip!