Thursday, April 15, 2010

Movie News: The Help

The HelpThe Help is being adapted to a movie. *Deep breath* Okay, it's okay I can take it. It's a fantastic book and if adapted, cast and directed properly this could be a really really good movie.  Hmm...The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of it, because I want Jill Scott to be in it and I want her to play Abileen.  I guess I'm too late, because Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Viola Davis is in talks to play Abileen. That's some good casting and I can dig it. I mean Jill Scott can just play Minnie - I'm cool with that too... 

There's some other casting news that I should probably be paying attention to, but right now I am all about getting Jill Scott hired for this movie.  Does anyone know who I can call? Seriously though, I know Julie and I both adored this book and speaking for only myself I would hate for that reading experience to be tainted by a bad movie adaptation (See: My Sister's Keeper).

What do you think? Will you join me on my mission to get Jill Scott hired for this movie? Who else would you cast? Kristen Chenoweth as Ms Celia isn't a half bad idea either....

The Help: Our Book Reviews

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well yeah I loved this book as well. If they do casting some justice, this book will be a major Oscar contender. Let's just steer Oprah away from it.

Kristin Chenoweth will need to gain a bit of weight if she's going to be Marilyn-esque but if Renee can do it for Bridget Jones...KC can do it for The Help.