Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random Musings

So I admit it, I bought into the hype and pre-ordered Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I had it delivered to work and it arrived on Tuesday as promised. The one thing I noticed on the box was the big red tape across it saying "Absolutely do not deliver until Tuesday September 15th." I had never seen that before but I do know how much this book was shrouded in secrecy.

I put the book on the Dining Room table knowing tha I would get to it in October but my husband saw it and picked it up to read it. Now, he doesn't read novels. He'll read the occasional sports autobiography and magazine but he is not a novel reader. The last novel he read was Brown's Angels & Demons. He enjoyed it, I didn't even finish it.

So, while he won't write a review, I'll put his thoughts in my review when I get around to it.

4 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

hope you both enjoy/ed it. i'll get it when it's in softcover LOL

Jenn said...

So on my to buy list! I can't wait!!!

You should really make a second attempt at Angels & Demons, Julie. You had pregnant brain. ;-p

Julie said...

One of these days Jenn. Maybe when my TBR list goes down. :)

tinylittlelibrarian said...

We have something like 225 holds on the Lost Symbol at my library! I did read Angels and Demons, for a book club, and it was my guilty pleasure read of that year, I confess. I spent a lot of time thinking how silly it was, but found it a total page-turner!