Monday, May 4, 2009

Julie's Review: Meeting Mr. Wrong

Summary: 'Don't email me if you want a supermodel. I'm twenty-two, divorced, and I have twins. I'm also overweight, unattractive, and have no education to speak of. I'm pretty much not going to bring anything to the table except the fact that I'm pretty nice and won't ask you to pay my bills. Here's my email address. Don't email if you're full of it.'

With this ad, Stephanie Snowe relaunches herself into the world of dating. In this real-life account, she discovers that the search for Mr. Right can include a lot of wrong turns. With light-hearted sass, Stephanie introduces us to each Tom, Dick, and Denny, and their neuroses, pets, mullets, lies, and puking.

A girl can get discouraged having to deal with dive-bombing birds, first-date proposals, and eavesdropping mothers. Is there a knight in shining armor out there with a higher IQ than his horse? Stephanie hopes so. ~amazon.com

Review: All I have to say is "Thank GOD I'm not single." I'm 35 and can't imagine it and Stephanie did it when she was 22 and had newborn twins!! Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belleis a humorous retelling of her trials of finding love and acceptance by the opposite sex via online dating. Stephanie, and I feel I can call her this because of her willingness to share with us, has moxy. Frankly I don't know if I could have done what she did with 2 young kids at home. I loved the honesty of her online ad and how it just proves that men really don't read or at least read and comprehend.

Stephanie meets some freaks and I mean FREAKS while trying online dating. She finds humor in every situation even when it's bleak. I wonder if she found humor in them when they were happening or if it was upon reflection? Either way it made for good reading.

My favorite story was about the guy at the grocery store who hit on her until he figured out he she had kids. The kicker of it was that she was asking him where the baby formula was in the store! LOL Men really are clueless.

It does end happily for Stephanie. She found her frog among the toads. To keep up with Stephanie on a regular basis you can follow her blog Here

I'd love for Stephanie to write about her trials as a single mom. I'm sure she could bring humor to a very stressful subject. I'd also like to read about her and Jason's courtship. So there you go Stephanie, 2 more books for you to write!

I want to thank Stephanie for sending me this book. It was a fun book to read and the perfect stress reliever.

Final Take: 3.75/5

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This book sounds awesome! Adding it to my list now.

That Chick Over There said...

What a nice review! Thanks so much!