Monday, March 9, 2009

Books, Books, More Books ...& a Contest



I've never done it before, taken a picture of my TBR pile that's on top of my nightstand. Well on Sunday I did it and WOW!! There are 2 really thick books in that pile.


Then I was possessed to take another picture of the books that are in my nightstand just waiting to be put on top of my nightstand...

Quite a lot of books, eh? So in order to make this more than just a random musing, I thought it would be fun if I made a contest out of it. So, whomever picks the closest or the correct date for me to finish all these books will get a prize. What is the prize you asked? Well what do book lovers love....yup a gift card to either Barnes and Noble or Borders for $20.

I thought I would help you out though by giving you some hints on my life and my reading habits:

  • Married with 2 children under 4 and work a full time job

  • I try to read at lunch, when my job allows

  • I am leaving for vacation in 10 days; vacation will include a 3.5 hour flight both ways, but with a 3.5 year old, and will last 6 days

  • I'm currently reading my 9th book of 2009

  • I read 55 books in 2008

So leave your guess/estimate for my completion date of the 17 books pictured. Guesstimates need to be posted by Monday March 16th to be eligible.

8 comments:

Serena said...

I'm thinking June 30! How's that for a guess.

Meg89 said...

July 15th?

Good luck with that... :)

Alice said...

Me thinks you'll be done by May 26th.

Happy Reading!

Anna said...

July 30. Hope you enjoy them and your vacation!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

My guess is Independence Day- the 4th of July. Have a great trip!

Darcie said...

I am going to guess May 8! Good Luck! What a fun contest! I think it would be fun to do even without the prize!! :)

Becky W. said...

My original guess was July 14th, however, since you do have a couple of thick ones, I'm going to go with July 21st!

Good Luck!

Have a great vacation!

allisonmariecat said...

May 22. Have a great vacation!