Friday, August 15, 2008

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Alert


With a heavy heart I am sad to report that it was announced yesterday that, contrary to all previous press releases, the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie will not be arriving in theatres until July 17th, 2009. Yes, we will all have to wait until next summer. Warner Brothers really doesn't give a concrete reason, but the supposition in this EW article that 'the frog' doesn't need the revenue this year (due to the success of The Dark Knight), but would rather have it figure into next years profits, seems the most logical. (I do however totally disagree with their statement that "the Potter movies have all been quite strong ever since Chris Columbus stopped directing them". I quite prefer the Chris Columbus films...)

Well, I guess my re-reading isn't such a big deal now... I'll just be doing it again next summer. As always, be sure and tell us what you think....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say - I'm bummed! This was one movie I was looking forward too!

Jenn said...

I know! My husband and I go to the movies about once a year --to see Harry Potter!!! I was looking forward to our outing. :(

Julie said...

It's usually the movie I see with my dad, brother in law and sister since 2 out of the 3 have read the books. My husband isn't a reader and not much of a movie person. This way next summer we'll all get to see it together.

Although I would have sacraficed that to see it in 08. I'm not as mad though as some people. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you - I enjoyed the Chris Columbus HP's much more than the last one. When I read Yates saying that he was determined to bring Order of the Phoenix in as the shortest HP, I knew it would be missing some major stuff. It wasn't near a good film because of it.

Jeane said...

This news disappoints me. My husb and I have been watching the films together and were really looking forward to this one!