Thursday, June 5, 2008

Book, Books and even more Books

So my sister received a gift card for her birthday to a bookstore and she gave it to me to use since "I always buy the books and she reads them" so I bought 4 books with it. Now, did I need these books? No!! But I tell you when I get a bookstore gift card I have to use it immediately. It's a sickness. :)

So now I really have more than enough to read and my dad just sent me 5 books to add to my pile!!

As motivation I have put the next four books I'm going to read on my nightstand. Here they are in no particular order:

The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark

I have a feeling I will sail through The Sugar Queen because I loved Garden Spells so much. I haven't read Mary Higgins Clark for over 15 years so I'm interested to see if it's any good.

What do you guys do to manage an extremely large TBR pile?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

To manage my overwhelming TBR MOUNTAIN *laughs* I make stacks of challenge books, and book club reads and ARCs and then I select my reads from these smaller piles. Every now and then I go through all my books and re-organize them to remind myself what is in there!

Hope you'll like Midwives - that is one of my favorite Bohjalian novels.

Anonymous said...

What a great sister! How fun to shop for books...

tinylittlelibrarian said...

I don't have an actual pile, just lists, and I get them from the library in relation to when I have to read them for challenges. Or I see stuff on the New Books shelf and grab it.

I enjoyed The Queen's Fool. It was the first Gregory book I read and it made me interested enough in her writing to read The Other Boleyn Girl, which I ADORED.

Julie said...

My girlfriend said to read a few of Philippa's books in this order:
The Queen's Fool
The Virgin Lover
The Boleyn Inheritence

So I'm following her advice. As you all know I'll post my reviews here. :)

The Other Boleyn Girl is 1 of 2 books I've read this year that have rec'd a 5 rating from me.