Friday, September 28, 2007

Book to Movie: Fall 2007 Adaptations

While perusing IMDB, I noticed there are quite a few book-to-movie adaptations this fall. It’s probably no more than usual, we all know how Holly wood loves to copy, but this is the first time I’ve really noticed. Now I haven’t yet read any of these books yet (sad, I know), but I’m quite likely to see a few of these movies. The following is a list of movies being released this fall that are based on books:

September, 2007
The Jane Austen Book Club - Karen Joy Fowler
Into The Wild - Jon Krakauer
Feast of Love – Charles Baxter

October 2007
The Seeker: The Dark is Rising – Susan Cooper
Reservation Road - John Burnham Schwartz
Gone Baby Gone - Dennis Lehane

November, 2007
The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
Martian Child - David Gerrold
No Country for Old Men - Cormac Mccarthy
Beowulf - Anonymous
Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Mist – Stephen King

December, 2007
The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
Atonement - Ian McEwan
P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern
Charlie Wilson’s War - George Crile

No comments: