Wednesday, August 29, 2007

LibraryThing

At any given moment, I can't tell you what I have in my library. My favorite books always come to mind whenever I give book recommendations, but I have good books that I've read long ago and for the life of me I can't remember them until I am standing in front of my bookshelves. So, for the longest time I have been looking for a way to organize my library electronically. I have tried to do it in Excel or Access, but I am honestly just too lazy to type out all of that information.
Anyway while searching for an answer to a question from GJR Jenn, I found Library Thing.

I. AM. IN. HEAVEN!

I am not going to even try to sum up this service for you. I'll just let them do it. If you aren't convinced by the time you are done reading the very short introduction well, according to Library Thing "...you cannot be convinced. Go away."

Seriously, whose brain did this come from? It even has a solution for Julie's problem. Well, sort of.

Suffice it to say the $25 lifetime membership fee was an absolute no-brainer for me and I plan to have loads of fun tracking and sharing my library with ya'll.

2 comments:

Julie said...

And I was wondering what I was going to do with the long weekend!! SWEET!! This is awesome. Why would you pay $10/per and opposed to $25/lifetime?!

I can even start it today at lunch!! Nice!

Thanks for the tip L!

Jenn said...

This is so swesome.

[sigh]